Heroes of Midhgardhur
Tribes of the North
Tribes of the NorthHerein is found an accounting of some of the great Tribes of the North. The list is by no means exhaustive:
|Gjukingar||Niflungar||King Hogni||Bleikstrand||Glanmalkinn||Throne of Mists (Niflstoll)||Skilfingar||Svartalfar|
|Helsingar||Gautar||King Amlethur||The Oresund||Helsingborg||*||Skjoldungar||Einkonungur|
|Iclingas||Ethelling||King *||Mercie (Ethelland)||Tamworth||Throne of Icel||Varies||Varies|
|Oiscingas||Ethelling||King *||Cantaware Rice (Ethelland)||Cantawareburh||Throne of Oisc||Varies||Varies|
|Rys||Sviar||* Khan||The Rys Khanate||Rys||*||None||None|
|Skilfingar||Huldrufolk||None||None (formerly Hordhaland)||None (formerly Vors)||None||Niflungar||Varies|
|Skjoldungar (Scyldingas)||Danir||King *||Sjaelland||Hjartarholl||Trollclaw Throne||Helsingar||Einkonungur|
|Vegmundingar (Waegmuningas)||Gautar||Line Broken?||Gautland||?||The Burning Throne||Varies||Wuffingas|
|Volsungar (Volsungas)||?||Line Broken?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Wuffingas (Ulfingar)||Ethelling||King *||East Ethel Rice (Ethelland)||Elmham||Throne of Wuffa||Varies||Varies|
|Ynglingar (Inglingas)||Northmenn and Sviar||King of Noregur, Jarl of Sviar||*||*||Lion Throne of Noregur, Boarcrest Throne of Svialand||Alfar||Gautar tribes|
- The “nation” of the Gjukingar is listed as “Niflungar.” The Niflungar are a people of the huldrufolk, roughly equivalent to standard Pathfinder svirfneblin.
- The Helsingar control the narrow strait known as the Oresund
- The Rys are an offshoot of the Sviar who left Svialand under a chief named Rys and settled the lands of the East along the Vylga river.
- The Skilfingar are essentially the tribe to which the huldrufolk (equivalent to standard Pathfinder gnomes) belong.
- The Skjoldungar are the ancient rulers of Sjaelland
- Skraelingar is a generic term used in the North that means “wretches.” It is used of the nomadic peoples of the North, the inhabitants of Vinland, and other peoples (including nonhuman tribes) that are considered “barbaric” even by the standards of the North!
- The Ynglingar tribe boast a dynasty of jarls that claim descent from Yngvi (Freyur), and wear boar-crested helms in token of this. Long ago, the Vanic Ynglingar made war on the Aesir-worshiping Gautar tribes, and that enmity still remains.