Heroes of Midhgardhur
Also known as Ust-Sheksna, “the Mouth of the Sheksna,” because it stands at the confluence of the Sheksna River into the Vylga. The name literally means “fishing village” in the language of the Vylgar. It is a part of the Rys Khanate, though on the outer fringes – the population is perhaps 10% Rys, 90% Vylgar. The village thrives on its finishing trade (mostly sturgeon and sterlets), much of which is sent to supply the court of Oleg Khan of the Rys.
The village is surrounded by a high wooden palisade, and Arpad’s guards are well-trained. To the east of the village is a high hill, surrounded by a tall stone wall, with only a single iron gate. Atop that hill stands an ancient beech tree. Under the tree is a stone carved with runes. It is rumored that the runes and the tree may well serve one attempting to create magical items with healing properties . . .
Corruption: -1, Crime: -2, Economy: 0, Law: 0, Lore: +1, Society: -1
Qualities: Insular, Strategic Location
Danger: 0 modifier
Government: Autocracy (ruled by Yfirmadhur Arpad Olafsson)
Population: 177 (90% human, 10% other) (10% Rys, 90% Vylgar).
- Yfirmadhur Arpad Olafsson – LN Rys aristocrat 10 (Noble, p. 289)
- Dainn – LG dvergur expert 10 (smith)
Base Value: 550 gp., Purchase Limit: 2500 gp., Spellcasting: 3rd
Minor Items: 2d4, Medium Items: 1d4, Major Items: -
- Yfirmansholl – Chieftain’s Hall – The Northern-style longhall from which Arpad rules.
- Dainn’s Forge – The forge of Dainn, the local dverguar smith
- The Falling Rain Inn – a dingy little tavern that also serves as an inn for the few travelers that pass through here. The inn is run by Nikolai, an odd, twitchy Rys man who gives many travelers the creeps . . .