Heroes of Midhgardhur
- Current Paterfamilias: Iohannes Tzimiskes
- Prominent Scions: Diokles Tzimiskes, a patron of Petroniana Oskalita (Turmarkhes of the Tagmata, the Urban Guard Regiments)
- Masculine/Feminine Forms: Tzimiskes (common)
- Seat: Yulianopolis
- Arms: Silver Skull on Spike
- Holdings: Estates in the Vylgari Marches and the Urrabite Marches
A recently elevated House with ancestry among the scions of House Borealides and House Kurkuas, House Tzimiskes has mixed blood with the Vylgar and has made a name for itself as fighters against the Urrabites. The family also has a reputation for willingness to stop at nothing to defeat their enemies, with torture and terror as tools of their trade. They are known for planting the heads of their enemies on spikes as effigies to frighten their other foes. Despite these horrific tendencies, they are said to be among the most religious houses, devoted to Dyovis and the Hierarchy.
House Tzimiskes began a feud with House Arkonides over trading rights on the Vylgari Marches in 890 N.Y.