4/13/13 – 37th Session – Module HM7 – The Expedition
Game Date: 5/15/900 N.Y. – 6/12/900 N.Y.
Athelstan (Chris) – domur: 52, hamingja: 3
Aurel (Metellus) – domur: 50, hamingja: 3
Basileus Arkonides (Chris) – domur: 50, hamingja: 2
Caelrath (Josh) – domur: – 50, hamingja: 3
Estrid (Tanya) – domur: 54, hamingja: 3
Neferata (Jess) – domur: 50, hamingja: 3
Thrand Hallsteinsson (Josh) – domur: 50, hamingja: 3
Hakon Finehair the Skald (NPC) – domur: 46
Oxana the Lady-In-Waiting (NPC)
Dunyasha the Lady (NPC)
Orinn the Svartalfur Prisoner (NPC)
Thorsdagur, the 15th of Harpa, 900 N.Y. to Thorsdagur, the 12th of Skerpla, 900 N.Y.
While the party was staying at Luleastadhir for about a month, the heroes each pursued their own individual interests:
- Athelstan spent the better part of the month catechizing Orinn in the worship of Baldur and fully converting him to the faith. He spent the last week praying for guidance as to whether he should bring Orinn with him on this journeys, or leave him at Luleastadhir in the care of the religious community there. At the end of the week, he had decided to part ways with Orinn . . .
- Basileus Arkonides spent the entire month feasting, drinking, and whoring. He felt not the least bit ashamed.
- Caelrath spent most of the month trading magical knowledge with Orm-Barri. The two traded spells from their spellbooks of equal level and value.
- Thrand Hallsteinsson spent some time learning to make his own weapons. He intends to learn the skills necessary to supply himself.
- Estrid spent the first couple of weeks growing a gourd leshy, then performed the ritual to bring it to life. She named her new gourd leshy “Vik.” She spent the last couple of weeks earning coin by means of performances of comedy and prestidigitation, making a tidy little pile of silver (which was important to her since she spent a massive amount of gold on creating her leshy ). She also bought a military saddle for Vaengur.
- Aurel spent the better part of the month hiring out his services as a scribe. In a place like Luleastadhir, where such services are rare, he found himself much in demand . . .
- Hakon Finehair the Skald spent most of the month working on his epic poem about our heroes . . .
- Dunyasha spent most of the month complaining that they needed to get back on the road and get her home!
As the month of Skerpla arrived, more travelers began to pass through the settlement. They said that in the summer months, as the frost and snow retreats, so do many of the dangers of the wilderness to the East, as the giants and dragons and such withdraw to the north or to the mountain heights. The bay thawed its last ice, and shipping resumed for the summer.
On the 10th of Skerpla (Tysdagur), a Sviar viking captain named Arngrimur arrived in his longship, bearing tales of far-off lands.
On the 12th of Skerpla (Thorsdagur), a Northmann noble named Thorgill Haraldsson arrived in his own longship. He seemed to have business with Jarl Grundi, and did not seem to be a “trader and raider” like captain Arngrimur . . .
The heroes, having had a chance to pursue their individual interests for a month, were beginning to prepare to move on . . .
XP Earned: 9600 (1600 each)
Total XP: 54,505
XP to level 9: 75,000