2/22/14 – 57th Session – Module HM10 – The Silver City (Act 3 – Research)
Game Dates: 11/30/900 – 12/23/900
Basileus Arkonides (Chris) – domur: 70, hamingja: 2
Caelrath (Josh) – domur: – 70, hamingja: 3
Estrid (Tanya) – domur: 71, hamingja: 3
Thrand Hallsteinsson (Josh) – domur: 70, hamingja: 3
Bergsveinn Farisson (Metellus) – _domur: 20, hamingja: 2
Neferata (Jessie) – domur: 55, hamingja: 3
Kasimir (Chris) – domur: 24, hamingja: 2
Hakon Finehair the Skald (NPC) – domur: 69
Gruull (NPC, Cohort of Basileus Arkonides) – domur: 23
Bronislava (NPC Mercenary)
Solsdagur, the 30th of Gormanudhur, 900 N.Y. to Sjaundidagur, the 13th of Ylir, 900 N.Y.
During the next couple of weeks, the heroes busied themselves with personal interests while awaiting word on their suspicions of the vampires lurking among the scions of House Tzimiskes. During this time:
- Kasimir von Schosse planted a garden on the ground of his new estate and continued his efforts to redecorate.
- Bergsveinn Farisson abandoned his plans involving the basilica and took to meditating with monks of the Order of the Silver Fist of Dyovis. His meditations were making him calmer, more relaxed, and more lawful.
- Caelrath started work in his workshop, producing a headband of charisma +2 for Kas and a pair of belts of constitution +2 for Basileus Arkonides and himself.
- Estrid Freysteinn found work as an herbalist, earning a total of 29 gold nomismata. She also went to the Grand Marketplace and bought an eye agate (10 gp.) for Vik the Leshy, since he missed having a jewel kept inside his head.
- Neferata struggled with her addiction to silver lotus, failing to overcome it on her own. Basileus Arkonides could see how powerfully her addiction was affecting her, and had the chaplain of House Arkonides use a prayer to remove disease to cure her of her addicition.
- Thrand Hallsteinsson, feeling very uncomfortable in the city, decided to go ranging in the wilds outside the city. He spent weeks camping and enjoying the outdoors.
At the end of this two-week period, Basileus Arkonides had the audience he had requested with the Silver Emperor, bringing with him Bronislava, Estrid Freysteinn, Bergsveinn Farisson, Neferata, and Hakon Finehair the Skald. He laid out his experiences in Inazor Obram with its horrid Witch Queen, the apparent alliance of that vile queen with House Tzimiskes, and the apparent “stench of undeath” about the members of that house (specifically Yuri Tzimiskes, believed to be a vampire). He had Bronislava add her expert and eyewitness testimony of Inazor Obram, Neferata’s expertise on the undead, and Estrid’s personal account of her encounter with Yuri Tzimiskes. The Silver Emperor agreed to launch his own quiet investigation into these allegations against House Tzimiskes.
That night, a meeting was held at Villa Arkonides about whether or not the heroes wanted to go after the vampires of House Tzimiskes. Most of the party agreed that they did wish to pursue it, but would wait to take any action until the results of the emperor’s investigation and the heroes’ own personal inquiries were known.
Solsdagur, the 14th of Ylir, 900 N.Y. to Solsdagur, the 21st of Ylir, 900 N.Y.
Over the course of the next week, the heroes waited to hear the results of the emperor’s investigation. Meanwhile, they conducted their own business:
- Bergsveinn Farisson spent much of the week casing the grounds of the villa of House Tzimiskes and using his holy powers to detect undead (which revealed that there were definitely undead lurking in the villa!).
- Estrid Freysteinn spent the week researching legends of the undead, especially vampires, and how to slay them. She began planning what holy druidic prayers might best be used to fight such monsters. Caelrath did much the same thing, trying to determine which of his galdur spells would be best for fighting vampires.
- Kasimir von Schosse spent most of the week working on his house, hiring a butler and a maid to oversee the place.
Thrand Hallsteinsson returned to the city from his his expedition into the wilds. Upon hearing what lay in store for the heroes, he began to prepare himself to fight the vampires.
- Basileus Arkonides spent the week researching House Tzimiskes, seeking any information available regarding the activities of that House.
Manadagur, the 22nd of Ylir, 900 N.Y.
On this date a messenger came from Vanya Muzalon of House Muzalon with a summons for Basileus Arkonides. With him went Estrid, Bergsveinn, and Hakon. Vanya was able to share the news that Yuri Tzimiskes had left the city about a week previously and had headed to the stronghold of Rusa on the banks of the Danuvius River, and ancient stronghold of House Tzimiskes. He also had more word about the strange Urrabite caravans coming into Yulianopolis for House Tzimiskes – they were coming from an ancient city full of ruins to the southeast known as Tzur. Vanya agreed to keep on the lookout for more information, but would himself be leaving on a caravan for the North within the month . . .
Upon returning from their meeting with Vanya, the heroes found an Imperial Courier waiting for them at Villa Arkonides, with a summons to an audience with the Silver Emperor the next day.
Tysdagur, the 23rd of Ylir, 900 N.Y.
The heroes left bright and early for their meeting with the Silver Emperor. In their audience, he revealed that his investigations had left him very concerned about the growing threat of undead, particularly vampirism, and especially among members of House Tzimiskes. He presented them with an Imperial Writ Against The Undead giving them authority to act against the undead that threaten the empire, and specifically to act against the members of House Tzimiskes within their villa in the city of Yulianopolis as those who “harbor and give both aid and comfort to the undead.” Basileus Arkonides had the lawyers of House Arkonides look over this writ that night while the heroes planned to storm the villa of House Tzimiskes on Odhinsdagur the 24th . . .
XP Earned: 9204 (1534 each)
Total XP: 130,224 each
XP to level 11: 155,000